May 11, 2008

Birthday Cooking and More

Any idea what this is?
My sister gave me this new cookbook for my birthday, so in search of my 26 new recipes, I put on my apron and went to work. I stumbled upon herb and feta polenta with tomato tapenade and voila:

The cooking is coming along. I'm having a lot of fun with it and (to highlight the nerd in me) I've stumbled upon a new website: Cooking for Engineers. Is it a bad sign when you're reading about heat transfer in different cooking methods and actually understanding all the physics behind it? I'm updating the cooking album on my Picasa site with fun stuff as I go along.

I've managed to take the camera along with me on a few runs; however, I need to break the habit of zoning out so much that I don't look for the pretty things around me. The other problem is that we've entered Santa Barbara's pseudo-winter, aka May Gray/June Gloom (I know, I know, whine, whine, whine, I'm spoiled in SB and running on the beach where its sunny 90% of the year). It's getting difficult to be inspired for pictures when its cloudy and foggy out and the light is really flat. I just need to get myself up into the mountains one of these days.

No breakfast yet. This could be a crisis.

No comments: