May 12, 2008

how to fry your legs in thirty minutes or less . . .

Okay, actually in 32 minutes and 27 seconds to be exact.

I did the Echelon Time Trial tonight for the first time (Ali, you were right, it wasn't scary). I went there being fairly intimidated and with the intention of just seeing what it was like (not going too fast). I was tired from work, the weekend, and my run earlier in the day. However, it starts flat/slightly downhill, so I went out pretty fast and decided to see what I could do. By the end of it, my legs felt beat, but I was able to ride the last 15 miles home at a decent clip, so hopefully I'm not too trashed tomorrow. I'll be back for something faster, maybe sub 30, next month!

On a more exciting note - the new bike can handle curves at speed very nicely. The new toy is fun!!!

No comments: