May 2, 2008

Birthday Challenge

I was inspired by Adele and all the others on the Birthday Challenge to do a challenge of my own. More or less its things that I want to do and might actually do if I put it down in print. While my birthday has just passed me by, I'll be 26 for a whole year and I'm inspired to do much of this as my leaving Santa Barbara challenge.

Month of May
1. Run 26 days (shouldn't be too hard) and take photos on 26 runs (a little more dedication)
2. Bike 26 days
3. Inspired by my new wheels and May being bike month, I want to bike to work every day in May
4. Do core work with planks 26 days
5. Find 5 new breakfast places

Before I leave SB in August (this is a list that's been building for a few years, and somewhat been accomplished)
1. Eat at the Biltmore Brunch
2. Volunteer at a running race
3. Meet 26 new people (starting May 1); This seems easy to me, but may be much more difficult than I am imagining. I'm moving to San Diego in August and won't know (almost) anyone, so it's good practice!
4. With the new camera I'm buying (and was supposed to buy 4 months ago), take photos in 26 new places and use my Mac to do photo 'projects' with them
5. Cook 26 new recipes and take pictures
6. Buy and use a 10-use pass at the Bike Station (commute downtown for errands)
7. Do a Hash run
8. Try to ride on the Saturday East Beach ride with the triclub
9. Climb Mt. Whitney
10. Do a full moon run on W. Camino Cielo
11. Make it all the way up Painted Cave on bike
12. Bike to Solvang and eat pancakes
13. Run sub 20:00 minutes at Nite Moves
14. Learn to ride a fixed gear
15. Drink 26 different beers
16. Fiesta Pub Run!
17. Go on an Old Town Goleta Barcrawl - it's going to happen guys!
18. Cook using 26 different herbs/spices (not all at once)
19. Go for 26 walks - this may not sound like a big deal, but I tend to get impatient and think I should be running every time I try to go for a walk or walk somewhere
20. Run Pier-to-Pier, even if it involves getting wet.
21. Get back on the mountain bike; I think it's very pathetic that I've mountain biked more in Central Illinois than I have in Santa Barbara

3 comments:

Adele Tamboli said...

Yay birthday challenge!!!

scout said...

yay blogger woo

Carmel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.