January 11, 2010

hacking back at it

Long time. New stuff, but not much has changed. I got myself uninjured, bike raced all summer and then did my first 50-miler, evidence found here, and took 3rd female (who knew?!), thanks to the best support crew. Over the some 10.5 hours I was out there the idea of getting back on track to do the AC 100 in August 2010 came and and then got thrown out the window at about mile 34 when I was nauseous, briefly flittered back during my downhill haul, and during my fourteenth wind around mile 47 I had convinced myself that not only do I really really really want that belt buckle, but that I can actually do 100. I may be certifiably crazy, but it's on!

In the mean time I've been toying with the art of cyclocross racing, picked up a new toy, and am learning to madison on the (bicycle) track. Brooks I.D. and Nuun have decided that I am an athlete and voice with a presence enough to graciously support me with their products this year and I am happy and proud to share their names!

No comments: