October 25, 2008

New toys, new hobbies . . .

Just wanted to dispel any thoughts that I may have fallen into the black hole that is graduate school . . . other than registering for races that are becoming increasingly more daunting . . . I am still alive here in SD.  

I have even ventured out into the world of track cycling and over the past five weeks have been re-establishing the fact that I do indeed have quadriceps by taking track cycling classes at the San Diego Velodrome.  You may have seen some track racing at the Olympics, but here's the deal: one gear, no brakes, 330 m (check my order of magnitude there Jenny) track and man is it fun!

To go support my new addiction, with the help of great friend, I also have a new toy:

Only problem is I now have five bikes and only one of them has a name!  So suggestions welcome. 

No comments: