My commute . . . got my trusty steel commuter bike all tuned up; new brake pads so I can stop going down hill and rid myself of the awkward Biopace chain rings that nearly had me convinced that I was becoming more and more of a biomechanical disaster every day that I rode. I finally rode in today, 42 minutes in traffic going the hard way, love every minute of it! I do want to remind those of you in SB how spoiled commuting on bike path though, while this road is fairly quick paced and paved nicely; there are some ridiculous traffic interchanges that will make you appreciate only having to dodge rollerbladers and babystrollers.
Well if I didn't have climbing legs before, I will now. Below is the elevation profile for my new ride to work/school. The ride there, not so bad. The steep climb at the end on my way home . . . hurts. The other disturbing thing, I might actually be faster on my old steel touring frame than my new lighter than a feather Tarmac.

No comments:
Post a Comment