July 20, 2008

Failing . . .

I'm about to tell you what many of you already know . . . I can't do everything. As my "birthday challenge" time frame is coming to a close, I'm realizing that much of what I'm trying to do is never going to happen. However, over the past three months of ridiculous goal setting I've learned to live more than I had in the past four years of living in Santa Barbara. While I still have two weeks to conquer some tasks, the reality is some of them may not happen, but I'll give it my all.

Some of the things I've had the joy of experiencing on this challenge are learning to bike better, biking more, hating driving to work (which is good seeing as how I just committed myself to an 11 mile commute), making new friends while mountain biking, etc. etc. etc. I'm living life and I love it. I have now been exposed to places in SB that I would have never seen otherwise through Hashing, running through drainages, down train tracks, around Montecito and reminding myself how damn spoiled I am to have been here. I'm meeting amazing new friends, seeing bands, taking pictures and learning some lessons through work and co-workers about myself, life and where I want to be going. I managed to pull an old family friend up to visit me, as she recently moved to LA, and introduced her to trail running yesterday, something that couldn't make me happier.

On that note, I'm moving over the next two weeks! I just found myself a room in a beautiful house in San Diego, and with housemates who seem pretty awesome. I discovered some trails in Balboa Park and the SD Velodrome, both a few miles from my new house. I'll start research in the CTE lab at UCSD and I'm actually looking forward to studying for the MCAT and planning out the next bit of life. Although my posting may be few and far between - keep checking back here, I'll fill you in on where I'm headed.

1 comment:

scout said...

you didn't fail woo. think of how much you achieved