I'm not so much a fan of cakey-cakes, they have way too much flour and sugar for me. This one, Mascarpone-Filled cake with Sherried Berries was light with a buttermilk batter and an amazing fruit topping (plus it's gorgeous). Also, the frosting/filling has earned a spot on my list as a replacement for ordinary whipped cream . . . just a warning, this is slightly dangerous.
blah blah blah, my not quite so active, some what random, somtimes boring, misguided but well intentioned blog.
June 29, 2008
pretty things
I found this cake earlier this week while I should have been looking for real dinner recipes (or a place to live come the end of the month) and have been digging for an excuse to make it. I failed a few people yesterday and didn't manage to bring it to a dinner I went to, but scrounged up the ingredients tonight. So with no real purpose other than making something pretty and the hopes of it tasting somewhere close to pretty . . . we have cake!
I'm not so much a fan of cakey-cakes, they have way too much flour and sugar for me. This one, Mascarpone-Filled cake with Sherried Berries was light with a buttermilk batter and an amazing fruit topping (plus it's gorgeous). Also, the frosting/filling has earned a spot on my list as a replacement for ordinary whipped cream . . . just a warning, this is slightly dangerous.
I'm not so much a fan of cakey-cakes, they have way too much flour and sugar for me. This one, Mascarpone-Filled cake with Sherried Berries was light with a buttermilk batter and an amazing fruit topping (plus it's gorgeous). Also, the frosting/filling has earned a spot on my list as a replacement for ordinary whipped cream . . . just a warning, this is slightly dangerous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment